Many law firm leaders, while convinced of the importance of marketing, question whether their firms are expending their marketing resources in the right ways. With only so many dollars available for marketing, law firm management must ensure that these resources are used in ways that provide the maximum return to the firm.
To help our clients achieve these goals, we employ our renowned Knapp Diagnostic Needs Assessment, a proven methodology that examines and analyzes your current marketing expenditures, processes and tactics, as well as those of comparable law firms. We use these results, paired with the latest legal marketing best practices, to generate specific, actionable recommendations that make more efficient and effective use of your law firm marketing budget.
Our goal is to make a measurable difference in our clients’ revenues, and Knapp’s Needs Assessment is perhaps the most valued and appreciated service to that end. We provide a level of analysis that law firms rarely receive. Our assessments include:
- Interviews with key attorneys and staff
- Intelligence on the firm’s top competitors
- A historical review and analysis of three years of revenue by practice area, top 10 clients and billable rates and hours
- Review of all historical strategic planning and consulting documents
- Market research on practice area trends
- Interviews with selected top clients
- Benchmarking to law firms of comparable size, practices and location, as appropriate
We map out concrete action steps in the areas of strategic direction, legal marketing and law firm business development strategy, staffing and appropriate levels of marketing investment, legal practice diversification, technology solutions and the budget allocation process. As needed, we look to our extensive network of professional colleagues, providing clients access to vetted service providers from a broad spectrum of service areas.